The most basic question asked by people is why are termites called dangerous pests. Termites may look small but they are very dangerous to your property and furniture. Termites are not known to sting, bite or spread any diseases to humans but they can cause itching and allergies. These creatures are usually dangerous to the structure of the house.
Termites are of many species and recognising them can be difficult. These are mainly found in colonies that are led by the queen termite and followed by the soldiers. Termites cause billions of dollars of damage every year. Subterranean termites are the most common type of termites that are easily found everywhere. There are many kinds of other damages too that can be caused by these insects. To know why are termites called dangerous pests go through the blog carefully.
5 Reasons Why Termites Are Called Dangerous Pests:
- Termites Cause Silent Damage- Termites are very small and they are very silent. You might not even notice the infestation of termites sometimes. These creatures are not visible like cockroaches and other pests. They slowly come and start chewing the wood and you won’t even notice any damage or sound for some time. Another reason why you can’t notice the damage is because they are hidden and start infesting from the bottom of the corner which we usually do not check daily. They are usually found at the base of the walls of your house or under your house and by the time you notice their presence they can cause a lot of damage. This is one of the reasons why termites are called dangerous pests.
- Termites Cause Structural Wood Damage- It is another main reason why termites are called dangerous pests. These insects live on cellulose which is present in the wood. Termites love to infest wooden structures due to this reason. They enter the wooden structures from all the available entries such as cracks in the walls and they can even enter from the pipes and many other ways. You need to take care of the area around your house to stop termites.
- Termites Build Colonies All Over The House- Termites are known to infest and grow in number very quickly than other pests. They build many homes made up of mud. The nests built by the termites are small but they are many. These nests are mainly found on the backside of wooden furniture. This is also one of the reasons why termites are called dangerous pests.
- Termites Can Cause Infection And Allergies- There are many allergies and infections that might be caused due to termites. First, they cause itching and slowly it turns into infection and allergies. Though termites don’t bite or sting, they might carry bacteria and germs with them which can be dangerous. This could also be one of the reasons why termites are called dangerous pests.
- Termites Are Hard To Eradicate- You might be wondering why these are so small but called dangerous pests. Well, this is one of the main reasons. They might be small but eliminating them is not an easy job. They usually grow in large numbers and hide in the corners which makes it difficult to get rid of them. In such cases, it is important for you to hire professional pest control service providers. To remove these termites high-quality tools and expertise is required. Only professional pest controllers can be helpful in getting rid of these dangerous small insects. If you find any indication of termites in your house make sure you call the experts immediately to get rid of these creatures. Early detection will help in minimising the damage and preventing your house furniture. Professionals will first detect and then remove the termites.
How To Get Rid Of Termites?
It is not easy to get rid of the termites on your own. Homemade solutions might not work every time. You will require professional help for sure. Just be sure about when to hire professionals to get rid of the termites.
- You can set up physical and chemical barriers
- You can treat the soil around your house with termiticides
- Use termiticides to kill termites and clear colonies
- Use wood and timber protector solution
Why Hire Professionals To Get Rid Of Termites?
They have all the ideas about how to get rid of a termite infestation. You should always compare and hire the best termite control companies in your area. You can hire the professional termite control team from Preventive Pest Control. We offer the best termite control services in Brisbane. We are highly trained and inspect the infested area and other areas as well then start the process to remove the termites. We are very well trained and equipped with all the best tools. We have all the answers to questions related to termite infestation including why termite infestation is dangerous. Get in touch with us, if you need any kind of help or service related to termites and other pests.